Sunday, October 5, 2008

WIPRO-PATTERN

This was my second company & luckily bcoz of Gods grace I got placed in Wipro on 12th July 2008 in Bangalore. I actually had not thought of getting into Wipro.. I thought ill just try & it would b a pratice session for me…. so had just taken it very lightly but somehow luckily could clear aptitude test… in selection process there wil b 3 rounds..

1> APTITUDE TEST which consists of 3 sections.. all the sections r compulsory… so give equal importance to all sections because there will b sectional cut off…
those three sections rQUANTITATIVE APTITUDE
VERBAL SECTION
TECHNICAL SECTION

Give equal importance to al sections in aptitude test… I m stressing this point more…. the questions in Verbal were quite difficult…. so I had to guess the words.. but if u hv r preparing for competitive exams like GRE, CAT… then it will b an added feature to u & u can make it very fast… there wil b passages, analogy, fill in the blanks with corrcet words, identify the wrong sentences & so on…. u must b fast enough… read the passage at the last if u hv time….

then the Quantitative Aptitude section was quite easy & nice… i liked it…. there were questions on mixtures, series, profit& loss, puzzles which r easy, blood relationship,trains, clock, probability…… u hv to do calculations fast…. thats all… do al questions whichever u feel easy first & then try for difficult ones…

Technical was also quite straight forward like output from C program, Unix commands & basics of C, atleast 1 vague question… but u need not bother abt it,…if u r a CS or IS student then u can easily crack it…..
2) TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
My technical interview went on for only abt 8 mins… may be I was lucky…
Sir: tel me abt urself?
Me:i am so & so…. bla bla bla…. i hv secured 84% aggre…..
Sir:which 2 subjects u like the most?
Me: I like data structures & C
Sir: then tel me wat is data structure?
Me: data structure is the most basic form or the structure in which the data can b stored efficiently & from which the data can b accessed .for example arrays,structures, union, enum….
Sir: do u know wat is memlock (something else i dont remember it properly) in C?
Me:no sir, I dont no abt it, I hv not come across it any time…
Sir: k, then do u no malloc?
Me: Yes sir, it is a function used to dynamically allocate memory… it returns void pointer & take in number of bytes as argument…
Sir:k then how can v convert void into int?
ME: By typecasting it
Sir:tel me abt ur projects?
Me: i told him abt the project which i had done on b+ trees & one more on
DATABASE
(He then was asking me abt the project details…. which i cud answer easily….)
Sir: which domain
do u like to work in?
Me: i like mobile communication & automation….
Sir: u r selected take this form & fill it up….

I was so happy… since i had not prepared anything for Technical…..

3> HR INTERVIEW
My HR interview was something very nice & interesting… as this was my first HR interview I was excited to face it….
Me: may I come in sir?
He: come in (he with small smile on his face) sit down
Me: good evening Sir…
He: manu is this physics lab
Me: yes sir….(he saw Max Plancks picture on the wall)
He: tel me abt Max Planck
Me:(I was surprised like I had never expected anything like this) then I told him that he is a scientist then he asked me abt his contributions… I told him abt Plancks constant….. & he asked me abt quantum theory
(nothing came to my mind at that moment) I told him frankly that I dont remember (with smile)anything abt quantum theory…

He: k manu…u hv secured 84% agre …. tel me abt ur CET rank & abt ur current position in ur class
Me: i told him that my pos was 470 & i stood 2nd in my class….
He: so ur marks graph is not consistent…. u hv got 80,90,81,82,75…so next ull score 70
Me: Definitely no sir…. I hv done well this sem exams…so ill surely get above 78 sir…
He: k where do u c urself in next 3 r 5 yrs from now…
Me: sir i wud lik to b a team lead …. take up challenging projects… help my teammates to achieve the target..
He: k Manu I dont hv any challenging projects…. so wat wil u do…. wil u do watever I give u?
Me: yes sir… ill do watever u give… n add my own innovative ideas to it….
He: wat al questions were ther in technical round?
Me: (i told him al that i told u above….. it was just like an another technical round)
He: y didnt u take up any paper presentation?
Me: i like to do one sir… but i dint find time…as i m into so many other extracurricular activities…like…. presently i m working as an active member of — organisation, i do anchoring spiritual functions…. & so on (i told him abt my interests in spiritual science & social service…)
He: k tel wen wil u do paper presentation?
Me: I thought of doing it in my 7th sem sir….
He: do u hv any ques?
Me: yes sir, I heard that Wipro doesnt give call letter even after a year.. is that true sir?
He: yes…(he told something abt demand & so on) but it depends on the college & its reputation…. we do give fast response to top colleges like RVCE PESIT ….
u can leave…
Me: thank u sir

hey guys…. I wud like to giv u some tips…..
do hv good eye contact with the person who is on the otherside,
smile whenever necessary be lively,
be CONFIDENT in watever u speak
sit straight as much as possible
goto the interview decently dont show ur bad attitude

No comments: